Potato Chips


Have you ever tried those Ridge Cut Salt and Pepper potato chips from Trader Joes? You gotta. They rock.


I grew up on Charles Chips. Remember the tin can? And they would get delivered right to your front door. My mom sold them for a while so we had chips around all the time. As kids whenever we'd go somewhere in the family/business van we'd sit on cans of Charlie Chips.


But even before that, Dad was a huge chip fan. I wonder if it's an East Coast thing? Kinda like Ice Cream, but that's another blog. Dessert would be potato chips and beer. To this day when I visit them I love sitting up late chatting with dad and having chips and beer.


Another one of my newer favorites is the Spicy Thai chips from Kettle. Pretty spicy tho.


I would like to see some Dill Chips. Charlie Chips made them and they were awesome. Tasted like a dill pickle. C'mon, Trader Joe, make 'em!



2 comments:

None said...

I really miss the Ketchup Chips in Canada....they rock!

Anonymous said...

I can totally relate, my mom used to be the Charlie Chip Lady too. Did you ever have to remove the empty tins and load up fresh ones? That was my childhood chore. At least we always had chips, cookies,and cardboard boxes around.

As for flavored chip's down here in Australia, they all kinds of crazy chip flavours. For example, soy and chicken, Sweet chili and garlic, sea salt and lime, cracked pepper and lime, beetroot chips (blah!), and don't forget chicken, tyme and lemon.... ALL pretty disgusting if you ask me. For a really long list of bizzaro Aussie chip flavours check out this link:
http://www.taquitos.net/snacks.php?category_code=102

Finally to confuse matters, order "chips" when your down under and don't be surprised when they bring you FRIES.

OUT!