Black and Whites

All week I have been craving a Black and White from the Torrance Bakery. No one makes them like the Torrance Bakery. I know this is a New Yorker's cookie and I have no idea if the Torrance Bakery is making them authentic, but they are the best.

They are like 5 inches in diameter - huge. And I love the way the buttery sugar cookie is coated with white frosting all over the top and then dipped in chocolate on one half. The white frosting gets all hard and slightly crunchy and the chocolate is just perfectly smooth and snappy.

I like to eat the chocolate side first because I love the taste and texture of the chocolate over the white. Maybe they should consider dipping the whole cookie in chocolate!

Another great cookie from the Torrance Bakery is the Chocolate Chewy. It's so chocolately and chewy. Ha. What do ya know, they named it appropriately. The LA Times ran the recipe for them several years ago and now I beg the Times, please, get me the recipe for their Black and Whites!







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever see the Seinfeld episode about the Black and White cookie. I 'll only butcher it if I try try to repeat it. Jerry somehow compared race and the B & W cookie. It was damn funny as I recall.